The progression of drills is really effective in this Boston College "Fast Break Concepts" video created by Coach Chris Oliver of @BballImmersion. The 4v4 Transition Drill that begins at about the 7:00 mark was one that I thought was particularly useful. The Offense starts with a slight 4 v 2 advantage and seeks to make a pitch ahead pass for a score. Whether the offense misses or makes, the defense will then take the ball back up the court 4v4.
More from Michael Lynch:
4 v 2 Advantage Start:
1. Black Team Attacks Looking to Pitch Ahead
2. Yellow Retreats to Defend the Rim
3. Trailers Fill in Appropriately.
4 v 4 Run it Back:
1. On a Make 4 Inbounds 1 is Outlet
2. On a Miss either Make an Outlet Pass or Be Your Own Outlet
3. Run it Back 4 v 4
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.