Here is a progression to my last post call "Go Gets". This drill adds in verbal or non-verbal communication forcing the players to be shot ready before catching the ball and have to react quickly within sustaining the correct habits. This also adds different actions working on passing and re-spacing on kick outs into different actions. It's a great way to have fun and challenge your players through just playing basketball (pass, move, drive, finish, shoot).
Check out Mike's #FastModelTakeover Twitter Moment for an inside look at the life of a pro skills trainer and some awesome player development content!
- Player 1 starts with the basketball stationary having a live dribble.
- The coach will call out "pass" when player 1 has to make a between the legs move before passing the ball to the coach (C).
- Once player 1 passes to coach, player 1 will start moving towards the coach being shot ready.
- Coach will pass the ball back to player 1 (green).
- As the ball is in flight back to player 1, the coach will call out commands (verbal or non verbal) forcing player 1 to make a quick decision on the catch.
- Complete a certain amount of makes before switching sides.
- If the coach calls out "shot", the player will shoot a catch and shoot 3.
- If the coach calls out "go", the player will drive either to the right or left side of the floor.
Commands (Non Verbal)
- If the coach passes and keeps "hands down", the player will shoot a catch & shoot 3.
- If the coach passes and brings "hands up", the player will drive either to the right or left side of the floor.
Commands On Drives (Go's)
- On a drive, if the coach call's out pass, the player will make a hook pass or reverse pivot pass back out to the coach.
- Once the player makes the pass back out, the player will re-space outside the 3 point line.
- The player will react to the coach who will call out the action, whether it be a catch & shoot 3, dribble hand off, or pass and follow into a ball screen.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.