Solid action to get the defense moving early in the shot clock before setting up a spread ball screen.
Play Description Frame 1
1. Players 1, 2 and 3 perform a dribble weave on perimeter until player 2 receives basketball.
- This is a great way to get players moving and sharing the ball forcing the defense to guard the weave before adjusting into their ball screen coverage.
2. As player 2 receives the basketball, player 4 will set a cross screen for player 5.
- The cross screen by player 4 is great action prior to a ball screen being set to create separation between the screener and their defender or forcing a switch.
Play Description Frame 2
3. Once player 4 sets the cross screen, player 5 is sprinting into an angle ball screen in the slot for player 2.
- Setting ball screens on an angle (45 degrees) is a concept used to help get the ball handler downhill before the level of the screen.
4. Player 2 will use the ball screen with player 5 rolling hard to the basket.
5. Player 3 will shake/lift to wing as players 1 and 4 are spaced on the weak side.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.