This drill utilizes the Dr. Dish shooting machine to facilitate a continuous flow of shooting repetition with variation for three shooters. Variation parameters are location (i.e., shooting angle), ball handling moves and initiating dribble hand. Ball handling variations include various double and combination crossovers. Uptempo music is used to enhance speed and rhythmic continuity.
- Player begins behind the 3-point line in the right corner and control dribbles straight to the cone with the right hand.
- Upon reaching the cone, the player will execute a series of double-cross pull-back dribbles while floating (dancing) back behind the 3-point line into a jumpshot.
- The red color indicates a right-hand dominant execution (i.e., if double-cross pull-back is through the legs behind the back, then through the legs is right hand to left hand and behind the back is left hand to right hand)
- Player now executes a second rep of the same right-hand dominant movement sequence from the right wing position.
- Emphasis is on continuity and rhythm with a nice pop off the floor on the 3-point shot off the bounce.
- Usually have upbeat music playing and encourage the player to be in rhythm with the beat.
- Player executes the third rep of the right-hand dominant movement sequence from the top of the key
- Player will stay at the top of the key to begin the first rep of the left-hand dominant movement sequence as indicated in the next frame.
- Player control dribbles with the left hand straight to the cone and then executes a series of left-hand dominant double-cross pull-back dribbles while floating back behind the 3-point line into a jumpshot.
- The blue color indicates a left-hand dominant execution (e.g., if double-cross pull-back is front cross/through the legs, then front cross is left hand to right hand and through the legs is right hand to left hand)
- Player executes the second rep of the left-hand dominant movement sequence from the left wing
- Continued emphasis on continuity and rhythm
- By now player should be able to keep eyes up and seeing everything in front while floating back
- Maintain continuity and body control right into the pickup and shot off the bounce.
- Player executes the third (and final) rep of the left-hand dominant movement sequence to complete one cycle of the drill
- Each cycle of the drill features a new double-cross pull-back move
- Double-cross pull-back moves may include:
- single-hand in-and-out V dribbles
- double front cross
- front cross/through the legs
- double through the legs
- through the legs/behind the back
- double behind the back
- double through same leg
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.