The Hawk Transition Drill is used by Chris Holtmann to drill the concept of Transition Defense. These diagrams represent the drill instruction given by Chris Holtmann at the 2015 Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan Coaches Clinic.
2 v 1:
1. The drill begins with a Free Throw.
2. The ball is rebounded and then transition takes place 2 v 1.
3. Points are awarded on the value of the shot scored. Additional points can be given for other things such as offensive rebounds, etc.
3 v 2:
1. The drill continues when the defense obtains the ball through either a rebound or a basket.
2. Two players on the baseline add to the defense to make it 3 v 2 on the return trip of the floor.
3. Players should defend as instructed using the FB and HB philosophy.
4 v 3:
1. Play continues when the defense obtain possession and two players add to make the transition 4 v 3.
2. This pattern continues to 5 v 4 and then finishes on the 5th trip of the floor 5 v 5.
3. The drill then resets and the opposing team starts with the free throw.
4. Scores are recorded for a final winner when the drill ends.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.