One of the toughest actions to cover in high school basketball is staggered screens. In this 1-4 high set we set two different sets staggered screens looking for mismatches or defenders that trail our cutters.
1. 4 & 5 will set a cross screen for 2.
2. 3 will clear out to the opposite wing and fill where 2 left.
3. 1 will make an entry pass to 2 on the wing.
4. 1 will execute an UCLA cut off a backscreeen from 5.
5. 4 will flash to the top of the key.
6. (2) reverses the ball to the (4) who reverses the ball to the (3).
7. (2) runs off the back screen set by the (1).
8. (5) waits patiently at the High Post.
9. After setting the back screen (1) will run off the staggered screen set by the (4) and (5). He will finish his cut in the ball side corner.
10. After setting the staggered screen for the (1); (4) and (5) will set another staggered screen for the (2) to cut off of looking for the jumper at the top of the key.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.