Or sign in with
Don't have an account? Sign up now
Here are 5 of my favorite shooting drills that I like to use in workouts with my players. They are challenging, competitive, and fun helping players become more efficient shooters. Try them out!
Click here for more player development drills from Mike Shaughnessy
Player starts in corner.
-Player has to make 2 shots before moving to the next spot.
- Once a player makes 2, player has to sprint and touch half court before moving to the next spot.
- Player has 90 seconds to complete 10 makes.
- If they complete 10 makes with time left, they can start to go back around the horn.
*If they do complete 10 makes under 90 seconds, then the next goal is 2 makes at each spot have to be consecutive (2 in a row).*
3 Shots - 3 in a Row
- Shot ready - hands and feet prepared before the catch
- Staying in rhythm from the different spots shooting
- Finish shots!
Coach is the passer and a teammate/partner is rebounding.
Player 1 starts by filling up from the corner for a catch and shoot 3 at the top of the key. (Blue)
Player will shoot from the 5 spots shaded on the floor.
- Player will stay at one spot making as many shots as they can.
- Once the player misses 2 in a row, they move to the next spot.
- YOU WILL OFFICIALLY START ON YOUR FIRST MAKE.
- SCORE IS RECORDED AFTER YOUR FIRST MAKE: 1 is the least you can score.
- Player gets ready to get a shot at the top of the key (green). If player misses, has to start back at half court.
- If player makes shot, player will then go to touch the right sideline and get a shot from the wing (blue). If player misses, repeat (touch sideline).
- If they make it, they sprint to the opposite sideline to get a shot from the left slot (purple).
- Goal is to make 4 shots under 18 seconds
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.