Here are 5 of my favorite shooting drills that I like to use in workouts with my players. They are challenging, competitive, and fun helping players become more efficient shooters. Try them out!
Player starts in corner.
-Player has to make 2 shots before moving to the next spot.
- Once a player makes 2, player has to sprint and touch half court before moving to the next spot.
- Player has 90 seconds to complete 10 makes.
- If they complete 10 makes with time left, they can start to go back around the horn.
*If they do complete 10 makes under 90 seconds, then the next goal is 2 makes at each spot have to be consecutive (2 in a row).*
3 Shots - 3 in a Row
- Shot ready - hands and feet prepared before the catch
- Staying in rhythm from the different spots shooting
- Finish shots!
Coach is the passer and a teammate/partner is rebounding.
Player 1 starts by filling up from the corner for a catch and shoot 3 at the top of the key. (Blue)
Player will shoot from the 5 spots shaded on the floor.
- Player will stay at one spot making as many shots as they can.
- Once the player misses 2 in a row, they move to the next spot.
- YOU WILL OFFICIALLY START ON YOUR FIRST MAKE.
- SCORE IS RECORDED AFTER YOUR FIRST MAKE: 1 is the least you can score.
- Player gets ready to get a shot at the top of the key (green). If player misses, has to start back at half court.
- If player makes shot, player will then go to touch the right sideline and get a shot from the wing (blue). If player misses, repeat (touch sideline).
- If they make it, they sprint to the opposite sideline to get a shot from the left slot (purple).
- Goal is to make 4 shots under 18 seconds
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.