This is a great partner shooting drill you can use to foster competition and get a lot of shots up. Any number of players can participate depending on time available and records can be kept for total points as well as wins and losses.
This is a good drill to end a difficult practice with since players will get a lot of shots up while tired.
1) Use each of the 7 shooting areas.
2) Each player takes 3 shots from each area - 3pt shot (behind arc), 2pt shot (10-15 feet), and a drive for a layup (1pt). Total of 6 possible pts at each spot.
3) Shoot at all 7 spots (42 possible points), then each player shoots 8 free throws, leaving 50 possible points for that quarter (each round is 1 quarter).
4) Keep score for 4 quarters (200 possible points) and determine a winner.
* Can also play 2 halves for 100 points
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.