These diagrams represent principles present by Rob Murphy at the 2015 Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan Coaches Clinic.
Pass to the Wing:
1. Strongside forward (3) closes out funneling middle to help.
2. Strongside guard (1) bumps 3 off the ball. 3 fans out hands high on the bump to the short corner.
3. Center (5) had his chest on the ball.
4. Backside guard (2) has one foot on the elbow in topside positioning.
5. Weakside Forward (4) on the post taking away any lobs.
On the skip Pass:
1. The Weakside forward (4) closes out funneling middle.
2. The Weakside guard (2) bumps the forward off to the corner area.
3. The center fights to get his chest on the ball.
4. Strongside guard (1) recovers to helpside with a foot on the elbow positioned high.
5. The now weakside forward (3) recovers to the block to stop a lob and position to sprint the gap.
Corner Pass - Trap Option:
1. On a pass to the corner the strongside forward (3) closes out funneling to the middle.
2. Guard (1) drops down to trap.
3. Weakside Guard (2) to take top pass.
4. Center (5) chest on the ball to take post away.
5. Weakside forward (4) middle to read the ball handler.
On a Baseline Drive:
1. Forward (3) and Center (5) trap
2. Weakside forward (4) takes the post.
3. Strongside guard (1) drops to the lane.
4. Weakside guard (2) takes away the block.
On a Shot:
1. Guards rebound the elbows.
2. Forwards rebound the block area.
3. Center get s to the front of the rim.
On the Pass to the Middle:
1. The center guards the ball.
2. Forwards sprint to the blocks.
3. Guards run through the passing lanes of the wing pass.
4. Force the ball back out.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.