Or sign in with
Don't have an account? Sign up now
Kansas coach Bill Self has a simple formula for evaluating his team’s three-point shooting numbers: Thirty percent from three equals good offense. The 30 percent isn't the percentage of made baskets, but it's the percentage of shots taken from the arc. If 30 percent of KU’s shots are coming from behind the arc, that’s a number that Self can live with.
Coach Bill Self believes in playing inside then out. Coach Bill Self doesn't believe in launching from deep even if he is having trouble finding consistent post scoring this season. This basketball play takes advantage of his guards getting to the basket and finding the post on the roll.
This season, the Jayhawks are hitting 39.6 percent from three-point range, which ranks 19th in the country. But after 22 games, the Jayhawks have taken just 29.4 percent of their shots from behind the three-point line. That ranks 289th in the country and is just slightly more than last season (28.6 percent). In conference play, the number has increased only marginally, to 29.9 percent, which aligns close to the 30 percent mark that Bill Self feels comfortable with.
Philosophies on outside shooting vary from team to team, and coach to coach. No. 1 Kentucky, for example, takes three-pointers on 30 percent of its field-goal attempts, while Wisconsin, the nation’s most efficient offense, hoists threes on 36 percent of its shots.
If you like this Bill Self Kansas University Set Play then check out our website: Men's Basketball Hoop Scoop
- 4 sets a ball screen for 1 driving to the right side
- 2 comes off a 5 set screen
- 1 goes through to opposite corner after pass to 2
- 5 sets a ball screen for 2 and rolls
- If 2 can take his man he does or hits 5 on the roll
- 4 sets a screen for 3 coming to the top
- If 2 couldn't turn the corner or hit 5, then 2 passes to 3 who passes to 1
- 3 then clears to opposite wing
- 5 comes across to the ball side block
- 4 sets a ball screen for 1and shallow rolls
- 1 has the drive or kick outs to 2 or 3
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.