In this diagram and embedded video we look at a drill to work on finishing off of a jump stop. We preach to our players about being on balance and using jump stops, so we want to show them solutions for how to create space and shots off the two foot stop.
Players line up behind the cone with enough balls for all players to share. Cones 15 feet away from the basket and in the middle of the paint.
1. Shoot over the top
2. Shot fake, shoot over the top
3. Outside pivot, turn around
4. Outside pivot, turn around, step through
5. Inside pivot, step through (over or under)
6. Inside pivot, step through, turnaround
7. Inside pivot, drop step
8. Inside pivot, fake drop step, turnaround
-Shoulders square to sideline on the jump stop
-Ball on the hip away from the defense
-Jump stop low and wide
-Peek on all stops and pivots
Live 1 on 1 drill. Drive to the paint and figure out the finishing footwork
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.