2019-2020 Drake University women's team overall offense ranked in the 97th percentile averaging 0.936 PPP. Their secondary break was a big part of their success on offense. They stretch defenses early creating early scoring opportunities with their cutting and screening. Here are 2 options I diagrammed.
*New customers use code SAVE10 for 10% OFF Draw/Scout*
Drake WBB Secondary Break
- 2 options in this diagram
- Trail is in a direct line to the rim
- Pushing the ball down the side spreads the defense early
- 5 sets back screen for 4
- 1 starts getting depth away from ball
- 5 second cuts out for ball reversal
- 2 hits 4 if open
- 3 is cutting off screen on 5's catch
- 4 keeps defender on top and gets a pass from 3
- 4 cuts to rim on pass
- 3 cuts high off 1's screen
- 3 is looking to pass to 4 posting up
- 5 bluffs a backscreen to 2 to occupy x5
- If 3 can't hit 4 then she passes to 1 for a post feed to 4
Bringing the ball down the outer third of the floor stretches defenses early. This will give players chances to make reads and score earlier with higher percentage early in the possession.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.