This is a simple secondary break play with multiple options that can be run to get into a three-around-two set.
For more, check out my website www.coachpeelbasketball.com, sign up for a membership and get your first 30 days free.
#1 makes the advance pass to the wing (#2 in the illustration). From here, #2 has the following pass options:
1) Post feed to #5.
2) Pass to #1 making a give-and-go cut.
The trailer (#4 in the illustration) fills the top of the key and receives the pass from #2. From here, #4 has the following pass options:
1) Make a pass to #5 on a duck-in.
2) Hit #3 coming off of the back screen set by #1.
The third pass option available to #4 is to swing the ball to #1 who catches at the wing opposite #2.
Once #1 catches at the wing, he will have the following pass options available to him:
1) Enter the ball into the low post to #5 who comes off of a cross screen set by #3.
2) Throw the ball back to the top of the key to #3 coming off of #4's down screen.
3) Hit #4 slipping to the basket if #3's man and #4's man switch the down screen.
#3 will be setting the first screen and #4 will set the second screen.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.