Or sign in with
Don't have an account? Sign up now
The biggest trend in player development these days in adding in the decision making component where players develop being able to make decisions before they catch the basketball. I have been using BDT in my workouts this fall and you can see where players struggle to be decisive.
In this 1v1 drill, we put the player in a game situation relocating to receive a pass from a weak side drive. The player only has 2 options; catch and shoot or attack the closeout ensuring they have to be shot ready on the catch. The players are given a 3-dribble maximum to hold them accountable to use the bounce with a purpose.
Over time, you start to see players become more comfortable making a decision before the catch. Give it a try!
- Player 1 starts on the right wing with the ball.
- Player 2 starts behind the cone that is parallel with the middle hash mark on the left side.
- Player x2 starts on the left side block
- The drill is initiated with player 1 attacking downhill to the baseline side.
- Player 2 has the option to drift to the corner (blue) or lift up higher on the wing (red).
- Player 1 will make the pass to player 2 either in the corner (blue) or on the wing (red).
- As player 1 makes the pass to player 2, x2 will closeout to the corner or the wing (green).
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.