Klay Thompson is arguably the best in the league at creating his own shot without the ball. He is able to constantly move and cut at different speeds and directions and stay efficient when creating catch and shoot opportunities, making him a true weapon for the Warriors. Here is a five-shot series to work on cutting with pace yet being "shot ready" when arriving to each spot on the floor.
1st Shot (Pin Down)
- Player 2 starts under the rim making a change of speed cut to pop out straight to the wing for a catch and shoot.
2nd Shot (Drift)
- After the catch & shoot from the wing, player 2 will drift to the corner for a catch and shoot.
3rd Shot (Elevator)
- After the catch and shoot in the corner, player 2 will run back to under the basket and then change speed/direction to cut straight to the top of the key for a catch and shoot.
4th Shot (Flare)
- After the catch and shoot at the top of the key, player 2 will start walking towards the nail and change speed/direction to cut out to the right wing for a catch and shoot.
5th Shot (Transition Corner 3)
- After the catch and shoot from the right wing, player 2 will sprint to touch half court and then sprint to the right corner for a catch and shoot.
Repeat this series for a total number of makes.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.