Here is a BLOB play we use late in the season against Man defenses. Generally we call it after a timeout when we want a good shot.
Inital alignment is in a box set, with the 5 on the ball-side block and the 4 on the ball-side elbow. 2/3 are interchangeable but we like to sent our best shooter (2) off the screen to the corner.
1. 5 will set a screen for the 4 to sprint to the corner.
2. As that is happening the 2 will set a back screen (screen the screener action) for the 5 to make a rim cut.
3. The 3 is the safety and he will take two steps to the free throw line and then sprint deep.
4. After setting the screen for the 5, the 2 will receive a cross screen from 4 and cut to the corner looking for the shot.
- The 4 will cut and post on the ball side block, looking for the ball on the switch.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.