This play is from the 2010-2011 Houston Rockets season. The big key for this play to work is having a post player that can make a pass out of the post. You have to make sure you get the timing down of your 5 man rolling off of the ball screen into the cross screen from 2, and your 4 man receiving the pass from 1. If you can train your 4 man to make the read on slipping the down screen set for 2, you will be able to get him easy lay ups.
1. 1 dribbles down off of 5's ball screen. 5 rolls to the hoop.
2. 4 v-cuts and receives a pass from 1, 2 sprints to set 5 a cross screen.
3. 5 cuts off of 2's cross screen to the block.
Option 1 - 4 passes to 5 for a lay up or post up.
1. 1 clears towards the corner to create spacing.
2. 2 cuts off of 4's down screen. 4 makes a read for a slip.
Option 1 - 5 passes to 2 for a shot.
Option 2 - 5 passes to 4 for a lay up on the slip.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.