Or sign in with
Don't have an account? Sign up now
This is a drill from Tom Izzo for working on your help defense. I like the way Coach Izzo lines up between the two lines and gives the help defender feedback as he teaches his help philosophy.
- 2 and 1 are lined up 1 foot off the lane line extended
- x2 starts on the ball and x1 starts in help
- 2 and 1 pass the ball back and forth
- x2 and x1 work on transitioning from help defense to on the ball defense
- Coach is lined up with help defender and talks him through help, "You're looking at me. Can you see both?"
- Add 1 dribble to the middle
- Help defender works on staying low, taking 1 step to the dribbler, when the dribbler starts to pick up his dribble, the help releases back to his man
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.