Here is a 1v1 drill that I use to put a sense of urgency on all of the players involved. It develops our guards to get in a habit of advancing the ball over half court with the pass, sprint to the corner in transition, and defensively sprint back to the paint before fanning out to their match up. Take a look and hopefully it is something that you can add to your workouts or practices for your players.
- Player 1 will start with the ball in front of the rim in the back court.
- Player 2 starts at half court near the sideline with x2 starting in the jump circle.
- Player 1 will initiate the drill by taking only 2 dribbles before advancing the ball up the floor (red).
- Once player 1 starts their dribbles, player 2 starts sprinting towards the corner (green) while x2 has to sprint and touch the paint before closing out to player 2 (light blue).
- Player has 3 dribble maximum to create a shot.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.