Getting players communicating, bringing energy, and getting comfortable with the ball, feet, and sharing the ball are all things that set the tone for a great workout/practice. Here is a drill that incorporates all of these things and is one of my favorites to start with in my training sessions with players.
- Player's 1 and 3 will take 2 dribbles to the free throw line and come to a jump stop.
- Players will pivot 1 of 2 ways (right or left foot pivot):
- Front Pivot (Non-pivot foot going away from baseline). Once the player is faced up with their teammate, they will crossover step (right over left foot pivot) to make a left hand flip pass.
- Reverse Pivot (Non-pivot going towards the baseline). Once the player is faced up with their teammate, they will step and snap a two hand chest pass.
- Snap passes with the seams.
- Go for a number of passes or time.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.