With this play your 4 & 5 have to be a passing big. The 4 has to be able to read the defense as 2 comes off for the hand off, and your 5 has to be able to read the defense as the 2 comes off of the pin down screen. Practice with your players that will be coming off of the pin down action on reading the defense. This play is from the 2010-2011 Houston Rockets season.
1. 1 passes to 2, 4 makes a shallow cut and cuts back towards the ball side elbow. 5 replaces 4.
2. 2 passes to 4, 1 cuts to the opposite wing.
3. 2 cuts towards 5 looking for a hand off.
Option 1 - 4 passes to 2 on the hand off or on the fake hand off for a lay up.
1. If 2 is not open, 5 v-cuts and 4 passes to 5.
2. 4 sets a pin down screen for 2.
Option 2 - 2 cuts off of 4's pin down for a shot.
Option 3 - If 2's defender is over playing, 2 cuts towards 4's pin down screen and then backdoors.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.